I’ve decided not to go after New Years Resolutions, and instead, start focusing on yearly intentions. These are self-improvement and life-improvement actions I want to take to assist in my ongoing quest to be 1% better each and every day.
Now, I know I’ll never be perfect and intentions will be never ending, but that’s okay. The goal is to try and be a little better, stay focused, and forgive yourself when you slip. We’re human, after all.
- Meditate every day (minimum of 5 min, doesn’t matter time of day)
- Workout 3-5x per week regularly
- Journal nightly (could be a poem, one liner, rand, whatever. Just write, reflect, learn, and move on)
- Be a more mindful and courteous husband
- Be a better, more present, and willing to do-it-all father
- Be outside more
- Spend less, focus on minimalism
- Read at least one book per month (read 1 fiction or biography for every 2 business books)
- Drink less
- Enjoy life and remember to have fun
- Focus on my new mantra daily, “Green Lights”
These are small things to work towards, and hopefully I’ll be able to move one step closer to my intentions each day.
Now that I’ve shared my intentions, what are yours? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org